Our family loves these enchiladas because they taste great. We love them because they are super simple! We used the soy, gluten and GMO free Beyond Beef Feisty Crumble for this recipe - give it a try!
Preparation and Assembly Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 dozen enchiladas
1 package frozen Beyond Beef Feisty Crumbles (or you can also use a 12 oz package Smart Ground® Veggie Crumbles – Mexican Style )
1 dozen white corn tortillas (or 6 large flour tortillas)
20 oz Red Enchilada Sauce (Medium Spiced)*
8 oz Daiya Vegan Cheese (cheddar blend)
Earth Balance Buttery Spread
Mexican Seasoning (optional)
9” x 13” baking dish
* Enchilada sauce comes in mild and spicy also. Choose the flavor that suits you best.
- Pre-heat oven to 375°. Sauté the Beyond Beef (with a little Mexican Seasoning if desired) in a little oil for about 8 minutes. If using the Smart Ground® Veggie Crumbles, no need to pre-cook - just put them in a a small bowl and set aside. In an iron or non-stick skillet, heat a small amount of the Earth Balance and lightly sauté the tortillas for a few seconds, flipping once just to moisten them up.
- Remove one tortilla from the pan and put one tablespoon of the Veggie Crumbles in the center of it, spreading it out so that it forms a line down the center. Put one tablespoon of Daiya cheese on top of the Veggie Crumbles, and roll the tortilla tightly, then place it in the baking dish. Repeat this process for the remaining tortillas.
- When all tortillas have been placed into the baking dish, pour the enchilada sauce over the tortillas. The tortillas should be saturated. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake, uncovered for 15 minutes, or until cheese is thoroughly melted. Remove from oven and let cool. Garnish with guacamole and vegan sour cream if desired, or just eat as is.
For more recipes, and a Meatless Monday 52 Week Meal Planning Guide, check out our book, The Vegan System, with over 100 vegan recipes in 215 full color pages. Available in paperback and Kindle on Amazon.com or in PDF to download. Visit TheVeganSystem.com for details. Also available on our website is a FREE 7 Day Vegetarian Starter Kit and Vegan Product Guide (with over 150 vegan products).