Quick and easy recipe to make this Asian delight on your own!
Preparation and Assembly Time: 12 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
½ cup flour
1 tablespoon cornstarch
20 oz. extra firm tofu, cut to ½ - ¾ inch cubes (we prefer Wildwood® SprouTofu® Extra Firm)
2 carrots, sliced diagonally
2 cups broccoli, chopped
½ sweet onion, chopped
2 cups cooked brown rice (optional)
Oil for frying
Make it yourself (below) your use your favorite teriyaki sauce instead
¾ cup sweet chili sauce
2 teaspoons black bean garlic paste (Lee Kum Kee Black Bean Garlic Sauce recommended)
4 tablespoons soy sauce
1. Mix flour and cornstarch together in a small bowl and set aside. Put the cubed tofu on a paper towel to drain excess water. Place cubes into the flour cornstarch mix to coat the tofu.
2. In a skillet, heat oil until hot (add a drop of water to the oil - it will splatter when ready). Fry the coated tofu for 2 – 3 minutes until light brown and crispy. Set aside to cool.
3. SAUCE: Mix together sweet chili sauce, black bean garlic sauce and soy sauce. Set aside.
4. Lightly sauté the carrots, onion and broccoli in a little bit of oil and cover for about 4 – 5 minutes until the broccoli is tender but not soft. Turn off the heat and add the tofu.
5. Stir in sauce. Serve over brown rice.
Makes 4 servings.
For more recipes, and a Meatless Monday 52 Week Meal Planning Guide, check out our book, The Vegan System, with over 100 vegan recipes in 215 full color pages. Available in paperback and Kindle on Amazon.com or in PDF to download. Visit TheVeganSystem.com for details.
Also available on our website is a FREE 7 Day Vegetarian Starter Kit and Vegan Product Guide (with over 150 vegan products).