For Week 15 of Meatless Monday we found a creative and easy way to use leftover vegetables and two of our favorites, Gardein® and Daiya® cheese.
Use whatever vegetables you have on hand - there are so many possibilites!
PREPARATION TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 25 MINUTES
YIELD: 8 SERVINGS
8oz linguini noodles, uncooked
4 pieces Gardein® chick’n “breasts” chopped into bite-sized pieces (you can use leftover vegan turk'y as well)
½ red onion, chopped
2 garlic bulbs, sliced thin
2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
4 tablespoons Earth Balance® original buttery spread
2 cups broccoli, chopped
1 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
1 cup asparagus, chopped into thirds
1 cup mushrooms, cut into quarters
½ zucchini, cut into thick half-moon slices
4 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
1 bag (8oz) Daiya® Mozzarella Style Cheese
1 bag (8oz) Daiya® Cheddar Style Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Boil noodles according to package directions and set aside.
2. Sauté the Gardein®, onion and garlic with half of the Earth Balance® and Italian Seasoning (1 tablespoon each) for 4 - 5 minutes. Transfer to large bowl.
3. Add the noodles and the remaining vegetables to the Gardein®. Combine well.
4. Add the remaining Earth Balance® and Italian Seasoning (1 tablespoon each), and the Nutrional Yeast. Combine well.
5. Add the Mozzarella Style Daiya® and combine well. Transfer to large (13x9) baking dish or large casserole dish.
6. Top with Cheddar Style Daiya®. Bake uncovered at 400°F for 20 minutes.