This is another super easy recipe that came about because I wanted to emulate a dish I had at Veggie Grill. Blackened Chick'n or Tempeh is a super flavorful way to add a bit of spice to your Gardein or tempeh. The possibilities are endless! Sandwiches, salads, or as finger food for dipping!
PREPARATION TIME: 8 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 10 MINUTES
YIELD: 3 - 4 SERVINGS
½ teaspoon Mexican Seasoning
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon Simply Organic® Mole Sauce Mix
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon hickory liquid smoke
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ teaspoon sea salt
4 pieces Gardein™ chick’n “breasts” sliced, OR 2½ cups chopped vegan chick’n of your choice OR 4 large pieces of tempeh
1. Combine spices, olive oil and liquid smoke.
2. Coat each chick’n slice (or tempeh piece) with the mixture.
3. Add a little oil to an iron or non-stick skillet and bring to a high heat.
4. Place the chick’n or tempeh in the skillet and press down with a spatula so that the spices are seared into the pieces. Cook for about 2 minutes, flip, and then repeat the process on the other side.
5. Turn off the heat and then “mop up” the spice residue in the skillet with the chick’n or tempeh.