Vegan Pretzilla® Bun with Tofurky® and Grilled Field Roast® Chao Slices
As I said last week when I posted the Vegan Soft Pretzel Breakfast Sandwich with Chao Cheese and Gimme Lean® sandwich - I am obsessed with this pretzel bread by Pretzilla and the Chao cheese slices by Field Roast®! This week we made sandwiches with a trusted standby - Tofurky® - and added a bit of Pesto Mayo to the mix.
Happy Meatless Monday!
Preparation and Assembly Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 sandwiches
2 packages Tofurky®, Hickory Smoked flavor (approx. 30 slices), or veggie ham if you prefer
½ red onion, thinly sliced
4 Pretzilla Soft pretzel Burger buns, sliced in half
½ cup Vegenaise® Original Spread
1 package Simply Organic® Basil Pesto Seasoning Mix
½ large tomato, thinly sliced
4 slices Field Roast® Chao cheese - Creamy Original flavor
Oil for sautéing
- Sauté the Tofurky® slices in a small amount of oil to soften and moisten them. DO NOT OVERCOOK! Set aside in a covered bowl to keep them warm and moist.
- Sauté the onion for a few minutes until just softened.
- Combine the Vegenaise® and the basil pesto seasoning in a small bowl. Spread the mixture on the inside top and bottom halves of the buns.
- Layer the sandwiches as follows:
- Tofurky slices (about 6 -7) folded and layered
- Tomato slices
- Chao Cheese
- Place sandwiches, open faced, on a cookie sheet. Oven broil on high for a few minutes until the cheese is melted.
Remove sandwiches and let cool slightly. Cut in half and enjoy!