Seitan Steak is another way to enhance your homemade seitan. It is a wonderful texture and is great on sandwiches or as the centerpiece of your meal.
Preparation and Assembly Time (if you already have homemade seitan): 10 minutes
Marinade Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 - 40 minutes
Yield: Approximately 16 slices
1 recipe homemade seitan (make it into 4 large pieces)
¼ cup low sodium tamari sauce
¼ cup oil (flavored olive oil is good)
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon or 1 cube vegetable bouillon
1 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Mix marinade ingredients in large bowl.
3. Slice each seitan piece into about 4 – 6 slices.
4. Pour marinade into a shallow pan (13x9 or 8x8 pan)
5. Put slices into marinade. Let sit for 15 minutes, and then remove and place on a greased cookie sheet. Pour remaining marinade over the slices.
6. Bake at 350° for about 15 - 20 minutes. Flip and then bake for another 15 - 20 minutes.
Makes approximately 16 slices.